Update: This position has been filled
We are looking for an operations engineer to build out and support a platform for passionate people. We are creating a powerful object oriented platform for our site and web services that span a wide array of functionality in areas such as databases, social networking, and transactional services. As a System Network Operations Engineer you will design and support entire systems that will enable our website and third-party developers to quickly create full-featured applications for our platform.
Required skills and areas of knowledge:
- Experience supporting large, distributed, scalable systems.
- BS/BA in computer engineering or significant industry experience
- 3+ years of systems administration, network development and operations experience
- Unix or Linux operating system experience.
- Relational database and SQL experience.
- Experience with Apache web server.
- Familiar with blogs, social software, RSS, web services, and XML.
- Knowledge of the hosting business and experience working with vendors
- Experience with bug tracking and trouble ticket systems
- Must work and communicate well with groups through email, design documentation and technical presentations
In return, you will get:
- Satisfaction in building software your friends, family and hopefully millions of other people will use
- A strong salary including equity.
- Flexible working hours.
- To work with a small team in a fun, central location in Capitol Hill.
Email [email protected] with your credentials to pursue this opportunity.